Jane has a wide and varied range of experiences and skills all grounded in a passion and enthusiasm for education. Jane has been a primary school teacher and leader in Australia and New Zealand before moving into the area of teacher professional development. Jane joined CORE Education in 2007, firstly as an eFellow, and then joining the CORE Online resources team working across various TKI communities, in particular, New Zealand Curriculum Online, and English, ESOL, and Literacy Online. She currently leads the development and delivery of the CORE Curriculum Support Resources programme.
- Designing effective, engaging, user-friendly and inclusive online communities
- Effective project management and team leadership
- Supporting schools to share their curriculum experiences and learning
- Developing online resources and communities to support teachers’ professional learning
- Video production and post production
- Online editing
- ICT facilitation
- Mirrors of Practice and Windows of Possibility: The Possible Effects of Digital Stories for Educators, 57th World Assembly of the International Council on Education for Teaching, Nonthaburi, Thailand, 2013
- Curriculum conversations breakfast seminars, Christchurch, Wellington, Hamilton, 2012
- Using digital media in the classroom, Ulearn 2010
- Are we there yet? Keynote - Nelson ECE ICT hui 2009
- How Does Oral Language fit into the ICT World?, ULearn 2008
- The Moving, Thinking, Collaborative Classroom is not a Myth, North Otago Principals Association Conference 2008
- Digital Photography 101, GRITS Conference Tapanui 2008
- Inquiry Learning, Lawrence Area School Conference 2008
- Ministry of Education Efellowship (2007)
- Inspired Teacher Scholarship for Visual Learning (2006)
- Nicholls, J. (2013) Mirrors of practice and windows of possibility: The possible effects of digital stories for educators. Conference proceedings. 57th World Assembly of the International Council on Education for Teaching, Nonthaburi, Thailand.
- Nicholls, J. (2012) Mirrors of practice and windows of possibility. Dissertation. University of Otago.
- Nicholls, J. (2008) Podcasting and oral language. Computers in New Zealand Schools, 20(1).
- Nicholls, J. (2008) Case study 1: All journeys begin with a single step. In J. Pearce & G. Bass, Technology Toolkit. Introducing you to Web 2.0 (pp. 120-122). Victoria: Nelson Cengage Learning.
I was born in England, grew up in Australia and now enjoy living in Dunedin, NZ. My favourite things to do when not working are to run long distances, engage in Bikram yoga, indulge my photography habit and listen to Koizilla.