Before joining CORE in 2013, Rochelle was the Distance Learning Manager for the School of Marketing and International Business at Victoria University, assisting the lecturers to convert their on-campus marketing courses into distance learning courses. She was responsible for:
- project management
- filming and editing short, tailored video lectures
- constructing course pages
- assisting and training lecturers to set up online courses using the Learning Management System (LMS)
- strategic planning.
Rochelle previously worked as an actor and writer for television, theatre and radio; working with others to bring their vision to life.
- Video lectures
- Project management of converting face-to-face courses into e-learning courses
- 2015: Current member of DEANZ - the national association committed to fostering growth, development, research and good practice in distance education, open learning and flexible delivery systems for education
- 2015: Current full member of the New Zealand Society of Authors
- Richardson, L. and Savage, R. (2015) "A Lesson on Lesson". Moodle Moot, Melbourne, Australia.
- Richardson, L. and Savage, R. (2015) "Using Moodle as a project development environment with virtual teams". Moodle Moot, Melbourne, Australia.
- Lowe, S. and Savage, R. (2014) "Creating a self-organised learning environment" interactive workshop. Moodle Moot, Nelson, New Zealand.
- Lowe, S. and Savage, R. (2014) "Stereoscopic VR" interactive workshop. Moodle Moot, Nelson, New Zealand.
- Rod, M., Savage, R. and Beal, T. (2009), "Pushing the Boundaries: A New Zealand Case Study of Developing an ICT-enabled Flexible Learning Programme". 5th International Conference on Multimedia and ICT in Education, Lisbon, Portugal, April 22-24.
I am an idea generator. I really enjoy working with others; getting their constructive criticism to further improve what we are working on. I am known by my friends for the statement "...but the good thing is...".
I go to the theatre as often as I can and enjoy playing soccer on a Sunday morning for my local team.