Cassandra is an experienced classroom teacher and been an integral part of an ICT leadership team in a primary school setting and more recently a Ministry of Education accredited facilitator. Cassandra works with schools, leaders, teachers and students to incorporate new approaches to learning. She has used various forms of technologies within the classroom environment to engage and motivate learners with a strong focus on raising student achievement. Cassandra has experience working in a collaborative teaching environment and has supported teachers to using the Google Suite to enhance both teaching and learning.
Successfully supported learning communities to:
- increase student engagement through the use of digital technologies
- mentor teachers to extend their knowledge about how to use and incorporate digital technologies into classroom programmes
- develop teachers capabilities in digital technologies to modify their teaching practice
- use iPads creatively in classrooms
- use Google Apps for Education and purposefully use Google tools.
Awards, fellowships and scholarships
- Apple Teacher
- Seesaw Ambassador
- Hapara Champion Educator
- Microsoft Innovative Educator
- Google Certified Educator
I am passionate about teaching and learning and enjoy improving the educational experience for all learners. I am dedicated to ensure digital technologies are successfully incorporated into classroom programmes, to enhance and modify teaching and learning. When learning is attainable, engaging and meeting the diverse learning needs of students, I believe it positively impacts student achievement.
I enjoy working alongside others, helping teachers to extend their knowledge and provide them with practical steps to incorporate digital technologies into their classrooms. I find it rewarding when I can impart my passion and knowledge by offering support to others to break down barriers and reduce the fear of using various technologies. To ensure I can offer the best support, I am continually developing my skills through ongoing professional development and see myself as a passionate lifelong learner.