I am an experienced classroom teacher and been an integral part of an ICT leadership team in a primary school setting. I have used various forms of technologies within the classroom environment to engage and motivate learners with a focus on raising student achievement. I have experience working in a collaborative teaching environment and using Google Apps for Education. I also have experience using Google Applications for planning purposes to support collaboration between teachers and making planning transparent.
Successfully supported learning communities to:
- Increase student engagement through the use of digital technologies
- Mentor teachers to extend their knowledge about how to use and incorporate digital technologies into classroom programmes
- Develop teachers capabilities in digital technologies to modify their teaching practice
- Use iPads creatively in classrooms
- Use Google Apps for Education and purposefully use Google tools
I am passionate about teaching and learning and enjoy improving the educational experience for all learners. I am dedicated to ensure digital technologies are successfully incorporated into classroom programmes, to enhance and modify teaching and learning. When learning is attainable, engaging and meeting the diverse learning needs of students, I believe it positively impacts student achievement.
I enjoy working alongside others, helping teachers to extend their knowledge and provide them with practical steps to incorporate digital technologies into their classrooms. I find it rewarding when I can impart my passion and knowledge by offering support to others to break down barriers and reduce the fear of using various technologies. To ensure I can offer the best support, I am continually developing my skills through ongoing professional development and see myself as a passionate lifelong learner.