Adele has a background in primary school teaching. She has worked across all levels in the classroom and in middle management as a Team Leader and Deputy Principal. Since 2006, Adele has been involved in projects focusing on enterprise education and financial literacy. This work included creating online resources and professional development workshops for teachers. More recently, she has worked as a researcher, writer, and copy-editor for Digistore.
Adele is the Online Editor for New Zealand Curriculum Online and sibling sites: Key Competencies Online; Middle Schooling; and Secondary Middle Leaders. In her role at CORE she is responsible for:
- Editing supplied content to meet with TKI style and e-government guidelines
- Uploading content
- Writing curriculum-related content as directed
- Transcripts and captioning of digital stories
- Carrying out site reviews and advising on improvements and innovation
- General content editing for NZC Online, Key Competencies Online, and the Secondary Portal
I live in Wellington with my husband, Darren, and three young children: Milly, Tom, and Sam. I knew from an early age that I wanted to teach and my career path so far has been fun and diverse. The internet has radically changed since I began teaching and it is a thrill to be working in this constantly evolving environment; providing support to New Zealand teachers and students.