Chrissie is a consultant, facilitator and mentor in the areas of Universal Design for Learning and diversity, equity and inclusivity in education and the workplace. She works alongside individuals, schools, NGO's and the Ministry departments in New Zealand and Australia.
Chrissie also has extensive experience in documenting and curating inclusive practice and is a lead writer on the Ministry of Education’s Inclusive Education website.
- Professional learning and development in Universal Design for Learning, inclusive practices, special education, effective use of technology
- Writing and reviewing content related to diversity, equity, creativity and inclusion
- Public speaking about inclusive design and equity in education
- Consultancy in inclusive learning and workplace design
- Accessible website and online course design and development
Conference presentations, seminars and workshops
2018 UDL-IRN Summit, Orlando USA: Translating UDL: An Aotearoa New Zealand story
2016 DEANZ conference - UDL : Just one ring to rule them all?
2009-2018 uLearn and Learning@School conferences - presentations on inclusive practices
2011 South Pacific Educators of Vision Impairment conference, Sydney - Dancing on the same page: Digital Portfolios
2010 BLENNZ Conference, Auckland - Inclusive storytelling with video
2009 Viscon Sydney, and South Pacific Educators of Vision Impairment, Adelaide - Get ya’ hands dirty: A hands-on model for partnership in transdisciplinary teams
Awards, fellowships and scholarships
2012 Harvard Graduate School Summer Institute - Universal Design for Learning
2010 Royal Society Awarded Teacher Fellowship - Ministry of Research, Science and Technology - culminating in the development of the BLENNZ Learning Library
Let’s create and grow communities where human variability is valued and seen as a source of strength.