Justine has been involved in early childhood professional development for eleven years. During that time she has had the privilege of working with teachers and parents in a variety of early childhood settings including play centres, kindergartens and home-based care services. She has been involved in early childhood for 29 years; 18 years teaching in early childhood settings.
- Infant and toddler pedagogy
- Assessment and curriculum
- Social competence
- Digital literacies and storytelling
- Online webinar tools
- Integrating digital technologies to support teaching and learning
- Online facilitation and learning communities
- Developing online resources
- Mason, J. (2014 December) Perspectives from The Incredible Years Programme that support social competence in toddlers, presented at Toddlerific, TRCC course, Living Springs.
- Mason, J. (2014 December) Integrating digital technologies to enhance child’s voice, presented at Toddlerific, TRCC course, Living Springs.
- Mason, J. (2014 August) Meaningful technology with toddlers, presented at Kidicorp Regional Conference, Christchurch.
- Mason, J. (2013) Doing, becoming and belonging - digital technology supporting infant and toddler teachers’ professional learning opportunities. The First Years Ngā Tau Tuatahi NZ Journal of Infant and toddler education volume 15 (1), 22 - 24.
I am a born and bred Cantabrian and live close to Lincoln with my family. I love the semi rural lifestyle and enjoy spending time with family and friends. We spend the winter cheering on the side of a rugby field and the summers on the beaches and lakes of the magnificent Te Wai Pounamu. I have recently rediscovered my love for crafty things and, when I have the time, I love to create bits and bobs with a sewing machine or crochet hook.