Matt joined CORE Education in 2009, originally as an Education for Enterprise facilitator, digital media video producer/editor, and project coordinator. His role evolved over time, and he became Project Development Coordinator where he coordinated new and existing business opportunities. In October 2012, Matt joined the CORE Senior Leadership Team as Senior Manager, Support. This role is responsible for the leadership and oversight of the day-to-day operations that support CORE's business. Matt has also been a member of the Te Toi Tupu Consortium Operational Management Group, where he steered consortium wide systems.
Prior to working for CORE, Matt has been a teacher, deputy principal and acting principal over his 16 years in primary education. During this time he also achieved his Masters in Educational Leadership. He has not only taught in NZ but also in Japan and London.
In 2008 Matt was a Ministry of Education eFellow recipient with his innovative research on engagement, exercise and ICT.
- Education for Enterprise, ULearn 2009
- Energising education, SPARC facilitators Hui 2009
- Energising education, workshop ULearn 2008
- MC showcase sessions, ULearn 2008
- ePortfolios, ICT cluster 2007
- Ministry of Education e-Learning Fellowship 2008
- Catholic principals Minolta study award 2003
- Tippen, M. (2008). Energising education.