Rachel has nine years' experience in the management of both large and small scale innovative events within museum environments.
Rachel has excellent organisation and planning abilities, strong attention to detail and an in-depth understanding of the coordination, development and delivery of events. Rachel has a passion for informal learning and pedagogy and sees this as a crucial foundation for all events, having developed events for diverse audiences in learning settings.
A natural collaborator with experience facilitating multi-stakeholder forums, Rachel builds and maintains key relationships, ensuring stakeholder engagement is at the core of the event development.
- Planning, developing and managing public events and learning programmes.
- Leading project teams to develop and deliver onsite, offsite, and online learning and engagement programmes.
- Project, programme and team management.
- Developing partnerships with external stakeholders.
- Data analysis, evaluation and report writing.
- Developing educational programmes and learning experiences for the general public.
- Recruiting, training and managing volunteers.
- Integrated (multi-team) approaches to programme development.
- Working with community groups and diverse audiences.
- Content and target audience demographics research.
- Auckland Branch of the Royal Society of New Zealand (member)
Auckland New Zealand is my home where I enjoy spending time with family and friends, visiting and enjoying the diverse events offered in the city, however one of my favourite parts of New Zealand is Queenstown. I have a deep appreciation for the landscape from my studies in Geography and Geology at The University of Auckland.
For most of my career I have worked in museums both in Auckland and overseas. I lived and worked in London for just over 7 years working at the Natural History Museum which is an absolute highlight of my career. After returning home, I worked at Auckland War Memorial Museum where my memorable journey in museums began 14 years prior.
Working at CORE Education is an exciting fusion of two of my passions: learning and events management.