Helen brings a kete full of diverse skills, including:
- Professional learning, development, and facilitation
- Coaching & mentoring - mana enhancing practice that achieves results
- Project work - quality assurance, timeliness, productivity, advocacy, and collaboration
- 10+ years secondary school teaching and curriculum leadership with Media subject expertise
Over the past ten years, Helen brought secondary school teachers and teams together to develop their e-learning practice and collaborative practice through inquiry. In the secondary school classroom, Helen’s passion was empowering our young people to be creative content creators, effective collaborators and critical thinkers; celebrating their own stories through short film and documentary making.
- Coaching & mentoring
- Secondary school teaching and leadership
- Media design, production, and critical literacy
National Association of Media Educators
“Kia ora. This is my earthquake story”. Multiple applications of a sociolinguistic corpus
Conferences and presentations
National Association of Media Educators Conferences
New Zealand English Teachers Aotearoa Conferences
Awards and scholarships
TeachNZ Study Award 2019
Unitec Scholarship 2016
I have a deep commitment to education, professional learning and mana enhancing practice to achieve positive outcomes. Manaakitanga is my core value; only by valuing people can we achieve deep understanding. Working with CORE is my dream job; an organisation that is committed to te Tiriti o Waitangi, equity in education, innovation, and support for schools and wider sectors. My dream for education in Aotearoa is that all our young people are seen, heard, and empowered to thrive.
E tū ki te kei o te waka, kia pakia koe e ngā ngaru o te wā.
Stand at the stern of the canoe, and feel the spray of the future biting at your face.