Te Mako Orzecki - of Ngāti Wehi Wehi, Ngāti Raukawa ki te Tonga, and Polish descent is a content editor of Māori medium resources and online/ offline facilitator of reo Māori, Aotearoa New Zealand's Histories, and Kahu Pūtoi. Te Mako’s most recent projects included the;
- TKI Channel support team
- Connected Learning Advisory/ Te Ara Whītiki
- Kia Takatū a Matihiko/ Digital readiness programme
- Online Advisor
- Professional support facilitator
- Content editing
- Content loading
- Content writing
- Quality assurance of online teaching materials
- Reviewing websites
- Ed Summit presentation “E hoki ki tō maunga” April 2018
- TKI: Creating, developing, and sharing Mātauranga Māori, te reo Māori in English medium, and Pasifika teacher resource materials, ULearn October 2013.
- Exploring TKI website and its associated teaching and learning support materials, Whanganui IT Cluster, September 2013.
- Exploring TKI and Discovering resources, Whitireia ECE Teacher trainees, June 2013.
- Matariki, te mātahi o te tau, Te Papa, 2018
- Toi te kupu, 2013
- TKI Style Guide, 2010
I was born and bred in Porirua in the heart of Cannons Creek. I have an ability to work cross-culturally with people of different ethnic groups and in various settings. I have good interpersonal skills in two languages. I have a passion for seeing tamariki Māori enjoy educational success. I value the promotion and practice of whanaungatanga, manaakitanga, whakamana i te reo Māori, and tino rangatiratanga both within and outside of my work life.