||1.0 FTE (37.5 hours per week)
||3 June 2021
|Tentative interview date:
||Week of 7 June 2021
- Technical Help Desk and Support
- Central Modern Christchurch Office
- Opportunity to be involved in exciting projects
CORE is a forward‐thinking, values‐driven organisation. We are proud of the culture we have created in our workplace, and the atmosphere that staff and visitors experience in our organisation.
At the heart of CORE’s values and practice is Tātai Aho Rau and our commitment to our bicultural identity. Underpinning all practices are culturally responsible behaviours and attitudes including a commitment to Te Tiriti o Waitangi, through our Te Aho Tapu framework, and working in partnership. Our mission is to transform communities by pushing the boundaries of educational possibility.
About the Role
This is a great opportunity for an enthusiastic, reliable individual to join our Christchurch team.
Some key areas of responsibility will include:
- Assist with maintenance of CORE Education IT software, assets and infrastructure
- Effective communication with CORE Education for all issues around technical support of hardware and software
- Provision of an exceptional level of service to the staff of CORE Education, and other users of CORE Education services
- Under supervision of the IT Manager and Senior Developers, maintain web-based applications and solutions for internal and external projects
- First line communications, support and triage of incoming support calls from staff, customers and associated groups, such as the board of director
- Provision, asset management and distribution of user hardware such as phones, tablets and computers
- Analysis and reporting of support calls,
- Ability to document solutions for future use
- Assist to support, patch and maintain web-based applications in the AWS Environment
- Support frameworks such as Laravel, Silverstripe and other Open Source platforms such as Drupal, WordPress, Moodle and CodeIgniter
- Basic script understanding
- Scope and develop test scripts and deliver training for functionality on current and new web-based applications
Skills and Experience:
- Open and enthusiastic approach to support
- Good interpersonal and communication – both written and verbal skills preferably in Māori and English
- Either experience as a help desk support person or/and an equivalent tertiary qualification
- Experience with software support preferably in Open Source
- Ability to be able to research solutions for users of the support services
- Understanding of the technical infrastructure needed to support CORE and its staff
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- The ability to maintain confidentiality and use discretion
- Proactive with clear ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Commitment to high level of professionalism and ongoing personal development
- Ability to thrive under pressure in a fast paced role, juggling multiple deadlines
- Proactive and able to use initiative
- Agile, with the ability to work flexibly when required
- The ability to work in a culturally responsive manner is a requirement. Knowledge of te reo Māori is desirable. The successful applicant will work within the company’s framework – Tātai Aho Rau.
How to Apply
Please send your application to: email@example.com
Please find the relevant Role Description and Application for Appointment form below:
Application for Appointment form
We will require a covering letter, CV and application for appointment form.
Applicants for this position should have New Zealand residency or a valid New Zealand work visa.