|Location:||Ōtautahi | Christchurch|
|Hours:||Full time, 1.0 FTE (37.5 hours per week)|
|Applications close:||Friday, 21 January 2022|
|Tentative interview dates:||Week commencing 24 January 2022|
- Varied and interesting role
- Permanent, Full-time role
- Opportunity to join an organisation seeking to make a real difference
About the Company
Join CORE Education, a progressive, forward-thinking organisation which has been providing world-class, professional learning and development throughout NZ for almost 20 years. Established as a charitable not for profit company, the Trustees are passionate about ensuring they remain true to its charitable purpose. With a significant range of experience and qualifications, the Board, Trustees and Senior Leadership Team are passionate and committed to defining learning solutions across all educational sectors in both Maori and English medium.
At the heart of CORE’s values and practice is Tātai Aho Rau and commitment to their bicultural identity. Underpinning all these practices are culturally responsible behaviours and attitudes including a commitment and working partnership with Te Tiriti o Waitangi.
CORE has a strong and rich history in New Zealand’s educational communities, working closely with a wide range of government and non-government organisations transforming communities by pushing the boundaries of educational possibility and seeking to address the sharp end of inequity.
About the Role
This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic, reliable and driven individual to join our Christchurch based team. The role provides a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to build their career and be involved in a wide range of area’s within the business.
CORE has recently implemented NetSuite as their ERP system and there is a genuine opportunity to play a vital role in creating continuous improvement and to get involved in business improvement projects, allowing you to build your systems knowledge to identify areas for efficiency improvement in the wider finance function.
Some key areas of responsibilities will include:
- Be responsible for Revenue Recognition
- Play a key role in ensuring the data integrity of the financial system
- Contribute to the preparation of the Annual Report and Budget process
- Designing and creating management reporting to help informed decision making, and other ad-hoc reporting as required
- Liaise with Project Managers to review project costs, provide analysis and commentary on variances against budget and ensure revenue recognition is accurate.
- Ensure that tax payments (GST, PAYE etc) are reconciled and processed with the IRD.
- Maintain CORE’s fixed asset register
- Support payroll processes
- Prepare account reconciliations
Skills and Experience
- CA/CPA Qualified
- Sound knowledge of accounting practice
- Experience with accounting software - NetSuite would be preferable but not esential
- Excellent Excel skills are essential
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and use discretion
- Experience in Project Management (preferable but not essential)
How to Apply
Please send your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please find the relevant Role Description and Application for Appointment form linked below:
We will require a covering letter, CV and application for appointment form.
Applicants for this position should have New Zealand residency or a valid New Zealand work visa.