Professional and Technical writing paper as part of the Certificate in Technical Communication (Level 5)
Diploma in Systems Technology – ComputerPower
NZ Diploma in Business and Diploma in Information Systems – NZ School of Business
Assorted IT related papers in several programming languages
Ministry of Commerce Management Development Programme – Victoria University
Bachelor of Commerce (Economics and Business Administration) – University of Canterbury
Terry Hall graduated from Canterbury University with a Commerce degree before working at the Patent Office in Lower Hutt for almost ten years as a Trade Mark Examiner. He was extensively involved in the office's first computerisation and was a pioneer of using the then-emergent Internet in Trade Mark research. Later he returned to Christchurch and obtained an NZ Diploma of Business & Information Systems. Today he works at CORE Education in testing and documentation for IT systems.
- Creating documentation that is in plain English and easy to understand.
- Testing and identification of bugs and usability issues in websites.
- An ability to see things from both the developer’s and the user's point of view.
- A background with the public sector, schools and nonprofit organisations.
- Managing translations in a bilingual setting.
Professional body membership
Technical Communicators Association of NZ
I see my role as being a bridge between developers and users, ensuring that the requirements of users are accurately conveyed to developers and that products are as easy to use and bug-free as possible.