2021 Pacific Education Grant now open!
Noa'ia, Mauri, Ni sa bula vinaka, Namaste, Fakaalofa lahi atu, Tālofa lava, Kia orana, Mālō e lelei, Mālō nī, Halo ola keta, Tēnā koutou katoa and warm Pacific greetings to you all!
Do you have an innovative approach to teaching and learning that promotes success, and effective and equitable outcomes for Pacific learners? Do you have a project you are working on or would like support with?
We want to hear about:
- your experience teaching Pacific learners and working with the community
- why you want to have an impact in Pacific education
- how you plan to help promote effective and equitable teaching and learning for all Pacific learners and the community.
As part of our charitable donations programme, we offer grants to support teachers whose hearts are in Pacific education, from early childhood to senior secondary.
Applications are due by the 18th November 2020.
The CORE Education Success in Pacific Education Grant provides you with support to:
- undertake a new inquiry or project; or
- further an existing project aimed at bringing about change in your education setting for the benefit of Pacific learners;
- ensure Pacific success through individualised mentoring/coaching
This award is open to individuals or teams of kaiako who are currently employed in early childhood services, kura, and schools in Aotearoa New Zealand.
What we ask of you in return
- A commitment to completing your project
- Your participation in mentoring sessions to support your success
- A willingness to share your learnings with others
The successful applicant(s) will be supported to share the results of their project or inquiry through one (or some) of the following:
- Presenting at uLearn21
- CORE Education’s blog
- A short written or video summary suitable for publication on the CORE website.
Additionally, we may ask you to support us to showcase your project, and its outcomes for publication via EDtalks.
You will be required to provide regular updates on progress with your inquiry/project. We will support you with this requirement and negotiate this on a case-by-case basis with each successful applicant.
If this sounds like you, here are the next steps:
- Complete the online application form. Make sure you have the approval of your service/school management and have their support to undertake this inquiry/project.
- You may submit a video as part of your application, but this is not compulsory. If you do, remember to include the link on your application form.
- Send any supporting material that you would like to add to your online application to email@example.com
Criteria for selection
Your application will be considered in relation to these criteria:
- The potential of the inquiry or project to address a gap and barriers in current practice addressing Pacific learners.
- The potential of the inquiry or project to enrich Pacific learners and communities.
- The potential to ignite significant change in effective teaching and learning for Pacific learners.
- Evidence of the applicant(s) experience or potential in:
- innovation or leadership in Pacific teaching and learning
- leadership or engagement in Pacific networks
- leadership or engagement in the promotion of Pacific languages and cultures
- designing teaching approaches or focusing an inquiry into a contemporary educational issue
- deep engagement with Pacific students and their communities
- leadership in using cultural models that enhance and promote teaching and learning of Pacific pedagogies.
- The application answers all questions and is received by the closing date.
The selection panel
- The panel will include a minimum of two CORE Education representatives and one Pacific community advisor.
- CORE Education may co-opt other members onto the panel if necessary.
- The panel's decision is final.
Applications must be received by 18 November 2020 to be eligible for selection.
The grant recipient(s) will be notified the week starting 23 November 2020. This grant is awarded for the duration of up to one year from the time the awards are announced i.e January 2021 - December 2021.
The financial allocation must be received by the centre or school named in the application. No money can be awarded to an individual.
Need more help?
For any inquiries regarding the award or application process please contact Alyssa McArthur on firstname.lastname@example.org.