Learning Experience Designer
Learning Experience Designer
|Location:||Any location throughout Aotearoa will be considered|
|Hours:||Full time, 1.0 FTE (37.5 hours per week)|
|Term:||Fixed Term for 12 months|
|Applications close:||9am, 29 March 2023|
|Tentative interview dates:||The week of 3 April|
About CORE Education
Kia pae tata te whenua houkura
The land of our aspiration draws near
We are a forward‐thinking, values‐driven social enterprise with a reach across Aotearoa.
Our mahi is dynamic, and it matters. We are passionate about the role learning can play in building an equitable and thriving Aotearoa. We want to see a future where all learners experience education success, regardless of who they are, where they live or the challenges they face.
Our people are more than just colleagues; we're whānau. Driven by the purpose of our work, our kaimahi co-design and deliver a range of impactful learning solutions and professional development services to leaders and teachers in early years settings, kura and schools. We also work with the Government, iwi and communities, corporates, the tertiary sector, and other organisations where their aspirations for learning align with our equity kaupapa.
If our vision sounds good to you—then we hope you’ll join us.
About the role
We have an exciting opportunity for a dedicated, highly motivated, and professional individual to join our newly created Te Aho Auaha | Research and innovation team as a Learning Experience Designer.
This role will join an existing team of learning designers and will be an integral part of the business to contribute to the analysis, design, development, implementation, and evaluation of high quality online learning courses and materials.
Your learning design skills, professionalism and cultural competence will be key to contributing to initiatives. You will be hands on, well-organised, dynamic and a self-starter.
Some key areas of responsibility will include:
- Work as an actively engaged member of the Learning Experience Design Team, prepared to do the tasks that are shared or delegated, especially at pressure points throughout the year.
- Demonstrate commitment to collaborating to build the capability, range, and capacity of the team.
- Contribute to higher production values in the outputs of the team in terms of layouts, iconography, graphics, video, audio, and text.
Ensure a high quality user experience throughout the learner engagement in our courses.
- Work with subject matter experts to design learning materials according to CORE’s established and emerging frameworks.
- Work with existing programmes to adapt them for online delivery.
- Contribute to the evolution of CORE’s established frameworks of learning design, specifically in the areas of universal design for learning, virtual delivery, and assistive technologies.
- Have or gain a knowledge of current New Zealand Government Web Standards and apply to existing and new work.
- Demonstrates cultural capability, and applies to existing and new work, including Te Reo Māori and Pacific languages and culture.
- Demonstrate a commitment to Te Tiriti o Waitangi and modelling principles of Tātai Aho Rau and CORE’s values - manaakitanga, whānaungatanga, wairuatanga and kaitiakitanga
Skills and Experience:
- Professional knowledge and experience:
- Pedagogy and andragogy.
- Experience with current Online Learning Environments.
- Sound knowledge of multimedia formats.
- Knowledge of assistive technologies.
- Understanding of graphic design requirements.
- Experience with project management methodologies.
- Personal and professional skills:
- Active listener and note-taker.
- Excellent personal and digital communicator.
- Self-managing, focus on task completion.
- Demonstrates cultural capability, some Te Reo desired.
- Facilitating meetings on and offline.
- Image curation, cropping, resizing, and correction.
- Summarising, sub-editing, and copy-fitting content.
- The ability to work in a culturally responsive manner is a requirement. Knowledge of te reo Māori is desirable. The successful applicant will work within the company’s framework – Tātai Aho Rau.
For the Role Description and Application Form please click on the links provided.
How to apply
Please send your covering letter, CV and completed application form to: email@example.com
or you can apply directly on our CORE Website by clicking 'apply now' below.
Applicants for this position should have New Zealand residency or a valid New Zealand work visa.