|Location:||Ōtautahi preferred, however other locations may be considered for the right candidate|
|Hours:||Full time, 1.0 FTE (37.5 hours per week)|
|Term:||Fixed term for 12 months|
|Applications close:||9am, Wednesday 29 March|
|Tentative interview dates:||the week of 3 April|
About CORE Education
Kia pae tata te whenua houkura
The land of our aspiration draws near
We are a forward‐thinking, values‐driven social enterprise with a reach across Aotearoa.
Our mahi is dynamic, and it matters. We are passionate about the role learning can play in building an equitable and thriving Aotearoa. We want to see a future where all learners experience education success, regardless of who they are, where they live or the challenges they face.
Our people are more than just colleagues; we're whānau. Driven by the purpose of our work, our kaimahi co-design and deliver a range of impactful learning solutions and professional development services to leaders and teachers in early years settings, kura and schools. We also work with the Government, iwi and communities, corporates, the tertiary sector, and other organisations where their aspirations for learning align with our equity kaupapa.
If our vision sounds good to you—then we hope you’ll join us.
About the role
We have an exciting opportunity for a dedicated, highly motivated, and professional individual to join our newly created Te Aho Auaha | Research and innovation team as a Product Designer.
This is a newly created role that will be an integral part to the business through leading the product design function and helping to establish our product development approach. This role will work across the business to drive all phases of the product development process.
Working closely with the Tumu, Te Aho Auaha | Senior Leader, Research and Design, you will assist in identifying new product opportunities and experiences for education and non-education audiences that align with our equity statement.
Your analytical and decision-making skills, professionalism and cultural competence will be key to supporting the establishment of Agile product development and to deliver innovative learning products.
Some key areas of responsibility will include:
- Lead product design by identifying new product opportunities and experiences for education and non-education audiences
- Develop the product development approach, including mindset, processes, culture, best practices, and tools.
- Work with teams to drive all phases of the product development process, aligning content to and evaluating products against outcomes
- Deliver high quality, innovative, creative learning products that meet complex user challenges.
- Lead design revisions and outcomes-based improvements of existing products.
- Liaise closely with cross-organisation teams to ensure the successful implementation of the product design process.
- Integrate effective learning design as informed by the Learning Experience Design Team into the design of new products, including; pedagogical guidance in authoring original content, application of learning and instructional theories, and use of quality evaluation methods.
- Deliver engaging and immersive multi-modal learning products that incorporate cutting edge technologies and learning approaches into the experience
- Work with the Programme Manager Auaha in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders to develop new services and test new products and learning technologies.
- Demonstrate a commitment to Te Tiriti o Waitangi and modelling principles of Tātai Aho Rau and CORE’s values - manaakitanga, whānaungatanga, wairuatanga and kaitiakitanga
Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years of product/service design experience.
- Experience in strategic thinking, systems thinking, and/or futures thinking preferred.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in interaction design, instructional design, product design, service design, education, or equivalent field preferred.
- Experience in leading product design from opportunity development, to concept, to deployment, to evaluation and iteration.
- Experience developing innovative products, corporate learning, micro-credentials, and/or badging.
- Ability to design for individuals from diverse backgrounds and a wide range of physical and academic abilities.
- Knowledge and experience of proven product development methodologies to develop technology-enhanced learning products.
- The ability to work in a culturally responsive manner is a requirement. Knowledge of te reo Māori is desirable. The successful applicant will work within the company’s framework – Tātai Aho Rau.
For the Role Description and Application Form please click on the links provided.
How to apply
Please send your covering letter, CV and completed application form to: email@example.com
or you can apply directly on our CORE Website by clicking 'apply now' below.
Applicants for this position should have New Zealand residency or a valid New Zealand work visa.