Intermediate Web Developer
Intermediate Web Developer
|Location:||Ōtautahi | Christchurch|
|Hours:||Full time, 1.0 FTE (37.5 hours per week)|
- Exciting opportunity for an open source developer
- Flexible working options
- Join us on our incredible journey to build a thriving and equitable Aotearoa through learning
About CORE Education
Kia pae tata te whenua houkura
The land of our aspiration draws near
We are a forward‐thinking, values‐driven social enterprise with a reach across Aotearoa.
Our mahi is dynamic, and it matters. We are passionate about the role learning can play in building an equitable and thriving Aotearoa. We want to see a future where all learners experience education success, regardless of who they are, where they live or the challenges they face.
Our people are more than just colleagues; we're whānau. Driven by the purpose of our work, our kaimahi co-design and deliver a range of impactful learning solutions and professional development services to leaders and teachers in early years settings, kura and schools. We also work with the Government, iwi and communities, corporates, the tertiary sector, and other organisations where their aspirations for learning align with our equity kaupapa.
If our vision sounds good to you—then we hope you’ll join us.
About the role
We have an exciting opportunity for a dedicated, highly motivated, and professional individual to join our Te Aho Umanga | Business Services team.
We hope that you will be a hands-on, well-organised, dynamic and energetic person that has 2+ Years of Experience using modern frameworks such as SilverStripe, Laravel and React.
This role will be an integral part of the IT development team and your analytical and decision-making skills will help to provide CORE Education with web application development capability.
Within this role, you will have the opportunity to choose the device you work on, we offer a phone and our team culture offers flexible working options.
Some key areas of responsibility will include:
- Under supervision of the IT Manager and Senior Developer, plan, develop, test, and maintain web based applications for internal and external projects
- Assist with the development and maintenance of applications
- Demonstrate a commitment to Te Tiriti o Waitangi and modelling principles of Tātai Aho Rau and CORE’s values - manaakitanga, whānaungatanga, wairuatanga and kaitiakitanga
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Tertiary qualification in Information Systems or Computer Science, or equivalent industry experience
- Understanding of modern development methodologies
- Project management knowledge
- A passion for web application development, and a willingness to learn other platforms if required
- Experience with setup and maintenance of web application server infrastructure, primarily LAMP
- Experience with Content Management Systems and development frameworks, Silverstipe, Laravel, React
- Awareness and knowledge of web accessibility/usability issues
- Experience with AWS
- Proactive with clear ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Commitment to high level of professionalism and on-going personal development
- A knowledge of web applications in an educational context, e.g. e-Learning platforms, an advantage but not essential
- The ability to work in a culturally responsive manner is a requirement. Knowledge of te reo Māori is desirable. The successful applicant will work within the company’s framework – Tātai Aho Rau.
For the Role Description and Application Form please click on the links provided
How to apply
Please send your covering letter, CV and completed application form to: email@example.com
or you can apply directly on our CORE Website by clicking 'apply now' below.
Applicants for this position should have New Zealand residency or a valid New Zealand work visa.