What does it mean to be an educator in Aotearoa in the 21st century? Within this simple question is a deeper study of Te Tiriti o Waitangi and early Māori innovation, innovative pedagogical strategies, contexts, and the technologies involved in transforming teaching and learning practice to achieve equitable outcomes for all.
This 10 week online programme will support participants to become informed educators empowered to enact innovative philosophies into their everyday teaching practices.
By the end of this online programme, you will be able to:
- demonstrate understanding of early Māori innovation and make connections to inspire Māori learners to be active innovators today
- use innovative technologies to transform student learning; achieving equitable outcomes for all
- critique innovative, future-focused practice informed by sound research
- lead creatively and courageously, inspiring your education community to foster innovative practices that are responsive to learner strengths and needs.
Who is this for?
This online programme is for all educators seeking to understand and apply innovative approaches to teaching and learning in their context.
Programme format, modules and webinars
This 10 week online programme is divided into weekly modules:
- Introduction to innovative learning practice
- Learner centric
- Introduction to the three C's (creative, courageous and critical)
- Environment scan: the Ten Trends
- Equity and Māori learners
- Learning environments, pedagogy and practices
- Technology digital agency, pedagogy and practices
- Leading CCC (creative, courageous and critical) pedagogies and practices: stories of impact
- Stories of impact
- Innovative impact inquiry presentations
The modules will each be supported by weekly 90 minute webinars held in late afternoons:
Upon completing this CORE online programme, participants will be able to download a digital badge to add to their professional learning e-portfolio.