Teacher aides are a vital part of the learning community. This online programme will provide the necessary guidance and support that will set you up for success.
Digital technologies, innovative learning environments and learner-centric approaches in education are just some of the factors impacting teacher aide practice in Aotearoa. Combined with this, the introduction of the new teacher aide work matrix highlights the importance of the need for purposefully designed professional development, specific to this challenging and varied role.
Across the programme, participants will explore ‘the why’, informed by current research. There will also be opportunities to collaboratively investigate ‘the what’, using practical ideas. You will connect with teacher aides from across Aotearoa, harnessing unique strengths to make an impact on student learning.
By the end of this online programme, you will be able to:
- implement practical ways of better reflecting the bicultural heritage of Aotearoa and give mana to Tiriti o Waitangi
- examine strength-based approaches and how these impact your practice
- identify personal strengths to grow positive partnerships
- use digital tools in purposeful, authentic and creative ways
- adapt learning experiences to meet the strengths and needs of the learner.
Who is this for?
This online programme is for primary and secondary teacher aides, and education support workers in early years settings.
Programme format, modules and webinars
This 12 week online programme is divided into four modules:
- Growing cultural capability
- Growing strong relationships
- Growing digital fluency
- Growing design and implementation capability
Modules will be supported by weekly 90 minute webinars held after school hours:
Please note there will be a break between modules two and three to allow for school holidays.