Te Reo Manahua Māori
A great introduction to correct pronunciation and te reo Māori phrases
You will have the opportunity to engage and discuss content for everyday use in your learning or workspaces with facilitators and other learners in online forums.
By the end of this online programme, you will be able to:
- apply correct pronunciation of te reo Māori
- use an increased amount of te reo Māori in everyday language.
Who is this for?
This online programme is for anyone wanting to increase their confidence in te reo Māori, and looking for support in incorporating it in their personal or work setting.
Programme format, modules and webinars
This five week online programme is divided into weekly modules:
- Ngā tohutohu | Instructions
- Reo whakanui | Language for praise
- Te Wātaka | The timetable
- Te tinana, te neke | The body and movement
- Kei te aha koe? | What are you up to?
Modules will be supported by weekly 45 minute webinars held in late afternoons.
Te Reo Puāwai Māori is another beginner level reo online programme, covering five different modules. Find out more and register now.
Upon completing this CORE online programme, participants will be able to download a digital badge to add to their professional learning e-portfolio.
Podcast - The importance of fun
In this podcast Gemma Stewart and Rebbecca Sweeney talk about the importance of knowing your “why” when learning te reo Māori.