Terms and conditions
Last updated: 28 May 2018
Following are CORE Education Ltd's terms and conditions for the services we provide and your use of those services.
CORE Education Ltd's terms and conditions for online services
CORE Education Ltd (CORE) enables customers to process certain transactions online, through CORE Education Ltd’s websites. These online services are subject to the terms and conditions stated below.
Please read the following carefully. By accessing our websites you are agreeing to follow terms and conditions.
We may change these terms from time to time, so you should check these terms regularly. Your continued use of our online services will be deemed acceptance of the updated or amended terms. If you do not agree to the changes, you should cease using our websites.
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com
- CORE Education Ltd (CORE) means a registered not for profit, limited liability company and registered in New Zealand, company number 1286844. CORE Education Ltd’s address is 142–144 Kilmore Street, Christchurch City, CHRISTCHURCH, New Zealand.
- "Seller" means CORE Education Ltd and its successors and assigns.
- "Client" means the client, or any person acting on behalf of or with the authority of the client.
- "Price" means the cost of the goods or services as agreed between the seller and the client.
CORE Education Ltd websites
- CORE Education (and associated subdomains)
- CORE Education Blog
CORE Education Ltd's types of services
Please refer to each site for details of the specific services available through those sites.
Use of CORE Education Ltd's online services
Access to and use of our online services is provided on the following terms. By using our online services you agree to be bound by these terms, which shall take effect immediately on your first use of one of our online services. If you do not agree to be bound by all of the following terms, please do not access, use and/or contribute to any of our online services.
Our online services include web sites, email discussion groups, voice and video communications, video broadcasts and other services delivered utilising the Internet.
You may use information provided to you through CORE Education Ltd Online Services, solely for your personal and/or internal business purposes, provided that you do not remove any proprietary rights notices, do not modify the information or make it available to any third parties.
In using our online services you declare that you are over 18 years of age and have legal capacity to contract the relevant services. If you are using a credit card to process a transaction, you declare that the credit card is issued in your name and you will pay to the issuer all charges incurred using our online services.
Collecting your information
By using our online services, you agree to provide any relevant information, documents and attachments, through electronic means, in the format and to the standards described for each transaction. You also agree and understand that the information collected will be retained in electronic form.
Providing information to you
By using our online services, you agree to receive information through electronic means. Where information is requested by another person, the requesting party is deemed to be the recipient's agent and is presumed to have obtained the consent of the recipient to receive the information in electronic format.
Copyright and intellectual property
Please refer to CORE Education Ltd’s Copyright Policy.
Website security (for online payments)
Online payment services are provided through a secure website using SSL (secure socket layer) encryption. However, you acknowledge and agree that Internet transmissions are never entirely secure or private, and that any message or information you send to or through the website (including credit card information) may be read or intercepted by others, even where a website is stated as being secure. CORE Education Ltd shall have no liability for the interception or ‘hacking' of data through the website by unauthorised third parties.
Accuracy of transaction information
Upon completing a transaction using our online services, you will be presented with a confirmation screen verifying the transaction details you wish to process. It is your responsibility to verify that all transaction, credit card/account information and other details are correct. You should print the transaction confirmation for future reference and for your files. CORE Education Ltd shall have no liability for transactions which are incorrect as a result of inaccurate data entry in the course of providing our online services, or for loss of data or information caused by factors outside of CORE Education Ltd’s control.
Right to suspend, alter, or cancel service
CORE Education Ltd shall be entitled at any time without prior notice or any liability to you, to cancel or suspend any or all our online services and/or to substitute alternative services, which may or may not be interactive or transactional in nature.
Specific terms and conditions
You acknowledge that access to our website and any online services made available by CORE Education Ltd may be subject to periodic review of these Terms and Conditions, and that you accept being bound by any changes posted on our websites resulting from such review. Access and use of the websites and any online service shall be deemed to constitute acceptance of any such additional terms and conditions applicable to such service from time to time.
Payment and transactions
You may use our online services to purchase products or services from CORE organisations. These transactions may be subject to additional terms and conditions relating to the supply of goods and/or services. These will be clearly indicated at the point of transactions.
All payments (including applicable taxes) must be made in advance in the applicable currency (either New Zealand Dollars, Australian Dollars, UK Pounds, Euros or US Dollars).
You are responsible for the payment of all charges associated with the use of CORE Education Ltd online services using your username (otherwise known as login ID).
Contributions to CORE Education Ltd Community of Practice
- By sharing any contribution (including any text, photographs, graphics, video or audio) with us, you agree to grant CORE Education Ltd, free of charge, permission to use the material in any way we wish (including modifying and adapting it for operational and editorial reasons) in any media worldwide.
- Copyright in your contribution will remain with you and this permission is not exclusive, so you can continue to use the material in any way, including allowing others to use it.
- In order that CORE Education Ltd can use your contribution, you confirm that your contribution is your own original work, is not defamatory, and does not infringe any laws, that you have the right to give us permission to use it for the purposes specified above, and that you have the consent of anyone who is identifiable in your contribution, or the consent of their parent/guardian if they are under 16 years of age.
- Please do not endanger yourself or others, take any unnecessary risks, or break any laws when creating content you may share with us.
- If you do not want to grant us the permission set out above on these terms, please do not submit or share your contribution.
Disclaimers and limitation of liability
CORE Education Ltd believes that the information furnished on CORE websites is accurate and has been prepared with care. No responsibility, however, can be accepted for any consequences arising out of the use of this material.
The material displayed on CORE Education Ltd’s websites is provided without any guarantees, conditions or warranties as to its accuracy. To the extent permitted by law, CORE Education Ltd expressly excludes:
- all conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity; and
- any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by any user in connection with our online services or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of the use of the online services, any websites linked to it and any materials posted on it, including, without limitation any liability for:
- (a) loss of income or revenue;
- (b) loss of business;
- (c) loss of profits or contracts;
- (d) loss of anticipated savings;
- (e) loss of data;
- (f) loss of goodwill;
- (g) wasted management or office time; and for any other loss or damage of any kind, however arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable.
CORE Education Ltd will not accept responsibility for any financial or other consequences that may result from your use of information on this site including direct, indirect, special, or consequential damages. There are no warranties extended or granted by any information or service provided herein except those obligations under the Fair Trading Act of New Zealand 1986. Any terms expressed in this policy does not absolve us from our responsibilities under New Zealand's Fair Trading Act 1986.
You shall defend, indemnify, and hold harmless CORE Education Ltd, its officers, directors, employees and agents from and against any and all claims, liabilities, damages, losses or expenses, including reasonable legal fees and costs, arising out of or in any way connected with your access to or use of our web sites and online services.
CORE Education Ltd, its affiliates, and its information providers will not be liable or deemed to be in default for any delay or failure in performance or interruption of the delivery of our online services resulting directly or indirectly from any cause or circumstance beyond its or their reasonable control, including but not limited to failure of electronic or mechanical equipment or communication lines, telephone or other interconnect problems, computer viruses, unauthorised access, theft, operator errors, severe weather, earthquakes or natural disasters, strikes or other labour problems, wars, or governmental restrictions.
This agreement is personal to you and your rights and obligations under these terms and conditions may not be assigned, sub-licensed or otherwise transferred.
The failure or delay of CORE Education Ltd organisations to exercise or enforce any right in these terms does not waive their right to enforce that right.
Each of the provisions of these terms and conditions is severable and distinct from the others, and if at any time one or more of such provisions is or becomes invalid, illegal, or unenforceable, the validity, legality and enforceability of the remaining provisions shall not be affected or impaired.
Statute of limitations
Any cause of action of yours with respect to these terms and conditions must be filed in a court of competent jurisdiction in New Zealand, within one year after the cause of action has arisen, or such cause will be barred, invalid, and void.
Governing law and jurisdiction
These terms and conditions shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, New Zealand law and any dispute arising from, or related to these terms and conditions, and their related services, shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of New Zealand.
For the exclusive benefit of CORE Education Ltd, we retain the right to bring proceedings as to the substance of the matter in the courts of the country of your residence or, where these terms and conditions are entered into in the course of your trade or profession, the country of your principal place of business.
We reserve the right, at our discretion, to change, modify, add, or remove portions from this policy at any time so you are encouraged to review this policy from time to time. We will, of course, notify you of any changes where we are required to do so.
If you have any questions about these terms and conditions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.