- Innovative learning spaces; planning, teaching pedagogical research and implementing changes for 21st century education
- Collaborative teaching practices, Future focused learning including the use of digital technologies in the classroom
- Culturally responsive pedagogies
- Teaching as Inquiry, Collaborative inquiry, Kāhui Ako
- Leadership through coaching and mentoring
- Special Character (Catholic Education)
- Special education
- Health and physical education leadership, curriculum and development
- Administration, including coaching and management of sports/clubs in education and the community.
Traci has expertise in the following areas:
- Engagement with Māori and Pasifika communities
- Culturally responsive practices
- Learning space design/ILE transition
- 21st Century pedagogies
- Digital fluency
- Inclusive practices
- Coaching and mentoring
- Future Focused Learning in an Innovative Learning Environment where we can promote success of Māori/Pasifika students who are transitioning from ILE spaces into our Catholic Secondary Schools.
- Building leadership capacity in Primary education
- Review and development of education frameworks through a Pasifika lens
- Equity and social justice through HR practices in education
- Critical reviews of flexible learning space (FLS) and innovative learning environments (ILE’s)
Professional body membership
MOE, Pasifika Leaders North/North West forum
Conferences and presentations
CORE Changing spaces
Awards, fellowships and scholarships
AUT PGCert ‘Innovations in Education’ Scholarship
Raising engagement of Pasifika learners through student wellbeing and culturally responsive pedagogies.
From the beginning of my first day I stepped into education I have lived by the motto, ‘Believe you can achieve’. I consider that education is a life-long journey. My purpose for entering education was to be able to support, inspire, motivate and provide teachers and learners the opportunity to have a voice and be proud of who they are and what they contribute. Each day I am reminded of the importance of positive and collegial relationships, trust, open communication and respect of ourselves and others in order to work collaboratively and successfully through the progressions of 21st century education.
The gift of giving is so powerful and I hope to always continue to share my questions, knowledge and personal experiences while learning from others through the vast opportunities in our diverse educational contexts.