A great ‘beginners’ guide to te reo Māori - not just speaking and writing, but how to teach it to others and use it authentically in your setting. This programme explores the basics and you will have the opportunity to engage and discuss content with facilitators and other students in online forums and attend face-to-face hui.
By the end of this online programme, participants will be able to:
- explore and apply correct pronunciation of te reo Māori.
- apply teaching and learning strategies to use in their practice.
- use technology to support their Te Reo Māori programme.
Who is this for
Anyone who is keen to increase their confidence in te reo Māori and wants support in incorporating it in their personal or work setting.
This 8-10 week online programme includes:
- One face-to-face hui to begin the programme - these are typically run in Christchurch and Wellington (Face-to-face hui can be negotiated based on the number of participants enrolling from your setting. Options such as after school hui and coming to your town can be catered for based on the number of participants).
- Weekly 45 minute virtual hui - these are recorded so can be attended live or accessed in your own time.
March 2019 programme face-to-face hui dates:
- 11 March 2019 8am -12pm - CORE Education office, 204 Thorndon Quay, Level 3, Wellington
- 12 March 2019 8am -12pm - CORE Education office, Unit G18, 23 Edwin Street, Mt Eden, Auckland
- 13 March 2019 8am -12pm - CORE Education office, 144 Kilmore Street, Christchurch
March 2019 virtual hui dates and times:
- 1.1 Nei rā te mihi - Monday 18th March - 4.30 - 5.15pm
- 1.2 Nō hea tātou - Monday 25th March - 3.30 - 4.15pm
- 1.3 Ki ōku nei whakaaro - Monday 1st April - 4.30 - 5.15pm
- 1.4 Kei hea koe? - Monday 8th April - 3.30 - 4.15pm
- 1.5 He tāngata ngākau mahaki - Monday 29th April - 3.30 - 4.15pm
- 1.6 Te Reo o te kaiako - Monday 6th May - 4.30 - 5.15pm
- 1.7 He Hokinga mahara - Monday 13th May - 3.30 - 4.15pm
July 2019 programme face-to-face hui dates: TBA