Supporting teachers and kaiako in effective pedagogical practice with a Pacific focus
Our Pacific services
Pacific learners are a priority group we serve through our work in educational settings and beyond. Beyond the early years sector, the vast majority of Pacific learners are in mainstream education. We work in any setting to have an impact on Pacific communities, either directly with Pacific learners, or indirectly via teachers and leaders.
We support teachers in effective pedagogical practice that is culturally inclusive and supports the Pacific learner.
Our Pacific team at Tātai Aho Rau Core Education offer a range of professional development in:
- Governance and management
- Te Whariki 2017 | Local curriculum
- Internal evaluation
- Coaching and mentoring
- Tapasā | Cultural competencies for teachers of Pacific learners
- Transition to school for Pacific children/families and communities
- Pacific leadership
- Professional growth cycle
- He Mapuna o te Tamaiti
Our Pacific advisory group
- A key objective of the Kāiga māopoopo (Pacific advisory group) is to support the Pacific Tātai Aho Rau team to be responsive to emerging and current themes, and to ensure a focus is maintained on systems level change and the visionary outcomes of Pacific peoples.
- The Kāiga māopoopo advise Pacific staff and Tātai Aho Rau leadership on anything arising in relation to its Pacific Strategy and work within Pacific communities.