What is New Pedagogies for Deep Learning?
New Pedagogies for Deep Learning (NPDL) is a global partnership that works to transform the role of teachers to that of educators who design experiences that build global competencies using real-life problem solving; and supports learning communities to shift practice and how to measure learning in authentic ways. New Pedagogies for Deep Learning supports changes such as the NCEA and curriculum refresh by using a pedagogy framework to plan, execute and deeply embed the change with teachers and learners.
We have three workshops coming up in June/July. Enquire to book your space.
Individuals and groups of schools can join and take advantage of the great opportunities the NPDL programme provides. Involving schools from multiple countries across the globe, members benefit from professional and expert guidance.
Tātai Aho Rau Core Education, in collaboration with Michael Fullan and Joanne Quinn, is extending an invitation to schools in New Zealand to join this highly successful project.
We work alongside educators to change the role of teachers to that of activators of learning who design learning experiences that build on learner strengths and needs, create new knowledge using real-life problem solving and help all students identify their talents, purpose and passion.
This project fits ideally with the aspirations of schools seeking to work together as a community of schools.
Applications to the Ministry of Education for professional learning and development align with the NPDL programme.
What the NPDL programme offers
- Full access to the Deep Learning Hub, which links to resources, information, support and other clusters globally.
- Full use of the New Measures data platform to track and measure student outcomes through deep learning.
- An invitation to participate in an annual conference on New Pedagogies for Deep Learning.
- Opportunity to participate in international projects.
- Opportunity to link with other NPDL schools globally.
- Access to all research developed through the international participation. In particular, Education Reimagined: The Future of Learning by NPDL global leaders in collaboration with Microsoft.
- Support from the international NPDL team with the use of the Deep Learning Suite of Tools and Deep Learning Rubrics.
- Invitation to national workshops and events*.
- Access to in-country resources via New Zealand-based resource hub.
- Regular webinars for New Zealand cluster leads and lead principals.
* Additional costs may apply.
NZ NPDL Deep Learning Workshops
We have three regional workshops in 2023:
Auckland - 21 June
Christchurch - 28 June
Otago - 25 July
Connecting local curriculum and deep learning
In this webinar, discover how deep learning supports local curriculum design and development, the tools and frameworks to use, and the deep learning processes needed to support the shifts. (Delivered as part of a series on building a stronger understanding of PLD priorities for the Ministry of Education in 2021.)
New Pedagogies for Deep Learning
Teachers discuss their learning as a result of being a part of the NPDL project. They describe how the programme has provided a framework within which their existing programmes and achievement challenge focii can be addressed.
Check out the NPDL playlist on EDtalks for video interviews with Michael Fullan, Joanne Quinn, and stories of impact from NPDL member schools.
This Deep Learning Framework helps educators to be precise in their pedagogy. Design learning with the four elements enriches student learning opportunities along with the six global competencies, which enables our students to define their own success in a complex world. This supports educators to focus on both student achievement and student wellbeing.
- Tātai Aho Rau Core Education blog: The power of collaboration
- Derek’s blog: New Pedagogies for Deep Learning