A great ‘beginners’ guide to te reo Māori - not just speaking and writing, but how to teach it to others and use it authentically in your setting. This programme explores the basics and you will have the opportunity to engage and discuss content with facilitators and other students in online forums and attend face-to-face hui.
By the end of this online programme, participants will be able to:
- explore and apply correct pronunciation of te reo Māori.
- apply teaching and learning strategies to use in their practice.
- use technology to support their Te Reo Māori programme.
Who is this for
Anyone who is keen to increase their confidence in te reo Māori and wants support in incorporating it in their personal or work setting.
This 8-10 week online programme includes:
- One face-to-face hui to begin the programme - these are typically run in Christchurch, Wellington or Auckland. (Face-to-face hui can be negotiated based on the number of participants enrolling from your setting. Options such as after school hui and coming to your town can be catered for based on the number of participants).
- Weekly 45 minute virtual hui - these are recorded so can be attended live or accessed in your own time.
May 2018 programme face-to-face hui dates:
- 2 May - CORE Education office, 121a Thorndon Quay, Wellington
- 7 May - CORE Education office, Unit G18, 23 Edwin Street, Mt Eden, Auckland
- 9 May - CORE Education office, 144 Kilmore Street, Christchurch