Coaching and mentoring
Support your colleagues by becoming a coach and mentor
What makes a great leader?
Dates and Times
Date: 28 March–30 May 2023
Cost: $640 plus GST
Venue: This online programme can be accessed from anywhere in Aotearoa. Registered participants will receive the link to the programme one week before the event.
Modules will be supported by four virtual hui held in late afternoons. You can download a PDF of all the times and dates here:
By the end of this online programme, you will be able to:
- understand how adults learn effectively
- recognise the differences between mentoring and coaching roles
- understand how the roles apply in different circumstances
- use a variety of practical strategies and approaches to build effective mentoring/coaching relationships
- define roles and responsibilities of coaching/mentoring (including culturally responsive practice)
- identify coachee/mentoree strengths and needs (including observations) and give feedback.
Who is this for?
This online programme is for any present or aspiring coach or mentor.
Programme format, modules and webinars
This nine- week online programme is divided into weekly modules:
- Transforming practice
- Definitions of coaching and mentoring
- How do adults learn?
- Different approaches
- Guideline and protocols
- Learning conversations
- Needs and strengths
- Programme wrap up
Upon completing this CORE online programme, participants will be able to download a digital badge to add to their professional learning e-portfolio.
"The facilitators were friendly and knowledgeable. They adjusted aspects of the course as required, listening to the participants."
Margot, Otonga School
"We had some really robust professional conversations and got to share our 'a-ha' moments and new learning."
Angela, Otonga School
"The best component has been our group collaboration."
Jen, Ōpāwa School
Podcast - mentoring for equity
Facilitator, Amira Aman and Content Developer, Jamie Taylor, kōrero about the nature and benefit of mentoring for equity. Listen now.