Create aspiring curriculum
A living, breathing curriculum, marau ā-kura reflects the expectations and aspirations of the whānau, hapū, and iwi.
Te Aho Māori helps you:
- design, align and implement your curriculum in line with the aspirations of whānau, hapū, and iwi
- provide contexts for learning – localised, nationalised, and globalised
- create a framework for teaching and learning – how kaiako will teach; how ākonga will learn
- deliver a framework for aromatawai.
Free marau ā-kura resources
- Hūmārie – Ko ngā kōrero ā-iwi ērā e ārahi ana i tō marau ā-kura? Ka tūhuratia, i tēnei atapārongo, te marau ā-kura mā roto mai i te ariā Hūmārie.
- Hūmārie – Is your curriculum culturally-located within cultural iwi narratives? This helpful infographic explores culturally-located marau ā-kura through hūmārie.
Tātai Aho Rau Core Education blog
- 178 years of Treaty – What has been the intergenerational impact on your local iwi?
- E kore e pau te ika unahi nui – Restoring the holistic wellbeing of Māori boys through connection and innovation
- He ako ā-nuku, he ako ā-rangi, he hua ki te tangata e! (October, November! Teachings of the earth and sky, beneficial to mankind!)
- Hūmārie – An authentic response to cultural location