Kaupapa Māori research
Kaupapa Māori research and evaluation that supports a thriving, equitable Aotearoa
Tātai Aho Rau - Kaupapa Māori research
Tātai Aho Rau Core Education has strong capabilities and expertise in delivering kaupapa Māori research and evaluation that to support a thriving, equitable Aotearoa.
- Our experienced rōpū ranga are future-focused, holistic, knowledgeable, connected and bilingual.
- Many of our people are thought leaders informed by practice and a deep understanding of learning and development.
- Within education, our Mahi rangahau aims to make a positive difference to tamariki and rangatahi, their whānau and the kaiako guiding them.
- We focus on authentic, equitable partnerships with clients and stakeholders.
Who we work with
We work with a wide variety of organisations to achieve impact, including:
- community funders (for example, social enterprises and foundations)
- government funders (for example, Ministry of Education, Te Puni Kōkiri, Ministry of Justice, local councils)
- kaiako and leaders at different learning levels and within various settings including:
- kōhanga reo (Māori medium early childhood education services)
- kura kaupapa (Māori medium schools)
- kura reorua (bilingual and Māori language immersion classes in mainstream schools)
- Kāhui Ako leaders
- conference organisers.
How we can help you
Our kairangahau and kaiarotake offer these services:
- Original rangahau (research)
- Arotake (evaluation including: audits, reviews, focus groups, and surveys)
- Thought leadership
- Presenting to your learning community
We work closely with colleagues to ensure Tātai Aho Rau's professional learning, content development, facilitation, and events reflect kaupapa Māori.
He Ariā Kōkirikiri
Tātai Aho Rau’s He Ariā Kōkirikiri (theory of action) informs our mahi. This refers to how staff work with you to design inquiry and implement a project tailored to your unique needs. We are skilled at applying knowledge and frameworks to test ideas that will lead to innovative change – working alongside you throughout and measuring impact.
Experience and expertise
Our staff have experience working across education services – in professional learning, content development, events, research, evaluation and consultancy – both in Māori and English medium settings. This positions us well to support kura Māori who are seeking sustainable change and ongoing improvement that benefit ākonga, their whānau and communities.