Accredited Facilitator (English-medium) and Content Writer
Graduate Diploma Teaching – New Zealand Graduate School of Education
Bachelor of Arts (Psychology and Education) – University of Canterbury
Karl spent 10 years in the secondary school sector, working alongside teachers and assisting them with the use of digital technologies in their classrooms. He has taught Technology – print design, web design and programming/coding. Karl also spent several years working as a graphic designer and as a photographer.
- Inclusive design (Universal Design for Learning)
- Community engagement
- Writing and resource creation
- Digital technologies
- Digital fluency
- Design processes and design thinking
- Data literacy and evaluative capability
- Graphic design and digital media creation
- Place-based education, developing localised curriculum
- Technical support.
Projects Karl has been involved with:
- The Connected Learning Advisory
- Kia Takatū ā-Matihiko | Digital Readiness
- Content writer for TKI Enabling elearning
- Content writer for TKI Health and Physical Education
- Content writer for TKI Inclusive Education
I’m a bit of a geek, and I enjoy supporting kids to generate ideas, solve problems and work together to succeed.
I would like to see Aotearoa equipped with a wildly diverse pool of digital creators making amazing solutions, informed by a range of cultures and world-views.
Ākonga need space, time and opportunities to develop their skills and apply them to real world problems. I see my role as supporting teachers to provide those conditions, so all ākonga can practice their skills and make the world a better place.
- Te Aho Ngaiotanga | Professional Learning Team
- Te Aho Waihanga | Design Solutions Team
- Staff in this region