How does the matrix help leaders?
Whether you are redeveloping an existing centre, kura or school, or building a new facility, the Innovative Learning Environment (ILE) matrix provides a framework to guide boards of trustees (BoT), leaders and others in their thinking.
Download the free Innovative Learning Environment matrix
- It guides your leadership thinking on planning and implementing innovative approaches to learning spaces.
- With the aim of designing a learning environment that supports desired outcomes for kaiako and learners.
- Identifies what should be considered with any new learning space – whether building from scratch, or re-developing/re-purposing your existing facilities.
- The framework is structured to show the areas of development and growth throughout the transition process; allowing you to focus on the area of need, or place of most relevance, to your setting.
- This action-oriented plan can be used for staff and community engagement
- Using a matrix ensures you develop a coherent innovative learning environment plan, across all areas.
- Ultimately, it creates the connection between learning space and pedagogical practice to ensure your environment is purposefully designed and meets your learning objectives.
From big-picture thinking to exploring the support needed, from questions of scope to sustainability – enable innovative learning for your community well into the future by working through the ILE matrix. A hard copy A1 poster is also available.