Graduate Diploma Creative Writing – Whitireia
New Zealand Certificate Fire and Rescue Services (Urban) – NZ Fire Service
Diploma Teaching (Secondary) – Wellington College of Education
Bachelor of Arts – Victoria University
Judith is a business, policy and process analyst with experience in business development and change management (including system up-grades and opportunity scoping). She has developed proposals, briefing papers, web content, learning resources, status reports as well as supporting collateral which reflects business, compliance and Quality Management System (ISO) requirements.
She has worked in the industry and trades training sector and contributed to blended-learning solutions and learning pathways for active and restless learners. She has taught at secondary level and project managed the delivery of emergency response training for young people in the Wellington region.
Judith spent ten years working in Parliament and is familiar with mechanisms of government decision-making. She has also worked in the NGO environment in partnership and strategic roles.
- Content writing for learners, teachers, and business readers
- Mapping operational and support processes that reflect business and compliance requirements
- Identifying, scoping and quantifying opportunities, risks and options
- Writing, editing and redacting documents in plain-English for internal and external stakeholders (including learning and strategic resources)
- Project scoping, proposal development and risk monitoring
- Analysing political and education sector influences and trends which contribute to an understanding of collaborative projects and solutions
- Change and transition planning including training plans for teams undertaking system upgrades and process reviews
- Monitoring task completion in conjunction with strategic oversight in a changing or emerging context
- Collaborative problem-solving and solution development.
Volunteer and professional body membership
2001-present: Paekakariki Volunteer Fire Brigade, Senior Firefighter.
2016-18: Director, Board of United Fire Brigades Assoc.
2014-15: Volunteer Sustainability Reference Advisory Group, NZFS.
2009-15: Training Standards Committee, NZFS.
2010 – present: Creative fiction in a range of anthologies.
2014: Identifying effective engagement strategies for children and young people in the emergency response sector, UFBA Publications.
Conference presentations, seminars and workshops
2015: Engaging youth in emergency services – Australasian Fire and Emergency Services Authority Council (AFAC) Conference, Adelaide, Australia.
2014: Engaging children and teenagers in emergency services: learning from the CFA experience – United Fire Brigades Association Conference.
Contributing to learning solutions within the evolving educational landscape is motivating and engaging. I believe learning is as much about building individual and community resilience as it is about addressing and enabling educational achievement.
I am married with two children and live on the Kapiti Coast. I read and write fiction to unwind and explore possibilities, and I enjoy gardening and ocean swimming.