2022 He Papa Tikanga (Level 3) - Te Wānanga o Aotearoa
2022 Diploma in Web Content - Contented
Adobe Creative Educator Level 1 & 2
Post Graduate Certificate in Digital & Collaborative Learning – Unitec and The Mindlab
Graduate Diploma of Teaching & Learning (Secondary) – University of Canterbury
Bachelor of Arts (History, Law) – University of Canterbury
Helen brings a kete full of diverse skills, including:
- Project management for content development – excellent communication, quality assurance, timeliness, and empathy
- Professional learning leadership and facilitation to build confidence and capabilities in digital fluencies and collaborative practice through inquiry
- Coaching and mentoring – mana enhancing practice that achieves results
- 10+ years secondary school teaching of NCEA with Media subject expertise and curriculum leadership in English and Media Studies.
Helen is a project manager for a range of philanthropic and charitable organisations including St John, Rātā Foundation, Alannah & Madeline Foundation.
In the secondary school classroom, Helen’s passion was empowering young people to be effective collaborators, critical thinkers, and to celebrate their own storytelling through short films and documentaries with a real live audience.
- Project management
- Storytelling through digital media design and production
- Coaching and mentoring
2016 “Kia ora. This is my earthquake story”. Multiple applications of a sociolinguistic corpus. Ampersand Vol. 3.
Awards and scholarships
2019 TeachNZ Study Award
2016 Unitec Scholarship
I have a deep commitment to education, professional learning and mana enhancing practice to achieve positive outcomes. Manaakitanga is my core value; only by valuing people can we achieve deep understanding.