Strengthening Teacher Aide Practice
Grow, connect and reflect with peers
Tags: Jo Barr, Amanda Campbell, Carmen Aldridge
Be part of providing equitable learning outcomes for ākonga
This 12–week online programme will provide a space for teacher aides and education support workers to connect, share experiences and learn from one another while being guided by our facilitators.
Programme content will focus on growing your:
- cultural capability
- strong relationships
- digital fluency
- design and implementation capability.
- Implement practical ways in which you might better reflect the bicultural heritage of Aotearoa.
- Examine strength-based approaches and how these impact in your practice.
- Identify personal strengths to grow positive partnerships.
- Use digital tools in purposeful, authentic and creative ways.
- Adapt and modify learning experiences to meet the strengths and needs of the learner.
Dates and times
Starts: 17 July 2023 (first session 18 July)
Duration: 12 weeks (across Terms 3 and 4)
Format: Online, interactive 90-minute sessions each week. Self-chosen wero (challenges) to be applied between sessions.
Costs: $600 plus GST per person - funded by the Ministry of Education*
People who meet the following criteria will be able to apply for funding* to access this programme.
- The applicant is a Teacher Aide or equivalent working in a New Zealand state or state-integrated school.
- PLD applied for is only for the purposes of building capability and competency in relation to the applicant’s role as a Teacher Aide, and not for any other role.
- The PLD should support the development of the Teacher Aide’s skills and knowledge in a way that contributes to the vision of the school or kura.
- The PLD requested must support the learning needs of the ākonga with whom the Teacher Aide works or align with one or more of the Teacher Aide Competency areas.
- The Teacher Aide has discussed and agreed the timetable or time required out of school with their supervisor.
- The Board of Trustees/principal, people manager has been informed of and agreed to the PLD the Teacher Aide intends to participate in.
You will find Tātai Aho Rau Core Education under 'C' on the Ministry website
Register for the online programme
*Please note: You will need to apply for funding via the Ministry of Education before you register with us, as you will need the Application Reference Number (ARN) as part of our registration process. We will also require a copy of your confirmation email.